- Nationality: German
- Date of Birth: August 16, 1965
- Place of Birth: Beckum, Westphalia, Germany (www.beckum.de)
- Parents: Bernhard Herbote, consultant of the furniture industry, Maria Herbote (maiden name Stemich), office clerk
- 1971 - 1975 Ketteler-Grundschule, Beckum
- 1975 - 1980 Ketteler-Hauptschule, Beckum
- 1980 - 1984 Kaufmännische Unterrichtsanstalten des Kreises Warendorf, Ahlen (= commercial and vocational college, now Berufskolleg des Kreises Warendorf in Ahlen); completed final examination by the Chamber of Commerce & Industry Muenster
- 1982 - 1985 Krupp-Polysius AG, Neubeckum office cleark, international sales spare parts' (cement industry)
- 1986 - 1987 18 months civil service with the social organization Caritas'
- 1980 - 1988 several searches about country information in general, especialy analysis on tourism information sources; creating a comprehensive archive with related information, especialy on "unknown" places; several reports on this archive and interviews with the German media.
- Since 1983 annual participation with ITB (International Tourism Exchange, Berlin), irregulary participation at the WTM (World Travel Market, London) and the International Frankfurt Book Fair; selective research with national and international agencies or organizations. Frequently visits of foreign missions in Bonn, Berlin, Budapest, Frankfurt, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Munich, New York, Paris and Vienna.
Visions, intentions and ideology
- 1989 creating the vision of a comprehensive and worldwide directory of country information sources including regulary updates; signing the first author's contract with the American publisher Gale Research, Inc., Detroit (relevant publications and publishers, refer below).
- 1992 creating contact with the intergovernmental organization WTO (World Tourism Organization) - now UNWTO
- 1993 creating the vision of a comprehensive national directory with German and foreign representations (abroad and in Germany), liason offices and information centres for politics, foreign economics and banks, cultural exchange, media, development, humanitarian assistance, science, research and tourism. Signing a relevant contract with the German publisher, K.G. Saur Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, Munich.
- 1996 creating the vision of a tool focused to international peace through travel and tourism, based on the experience and intensive contacts of last and future years of international searches, "creating a humanitarian bridge between the cultures and religions, by visiting and learning from each other". Sharing ideas, visions and contacts with the World Tourism Foundation (in process of founding).
- 1996 special adviser to the World Tourism Organization
- 1998 creating contact with the private travel industry association World Travel & Tourism Council.
- 1999 Research for Verlag Norman Rentrop (www.vnr.de)
- 1999 focusing the change of the hard copy publications to an internet portal and directory with comprehensive country information and relevant contacts; creating partnership with the British publishing house World of Information, Saffron Walden, Essex.
- 2001 creating contacts with the International Institute for Peace Through Tourism and focusing closer relationships with the World Tourism Foundation, who both endorses the earlier WorldTourismDirectory.com and will endorse the future one.
- 2002 board member of the World Tourism Foundation (til today)
- 2002 creating information content on destinations worldwide for the World Tourism Foundation site.
- 2004 til today creating one of the world's most comprehensive directory of the international tourism industry WorldTourismDirectory.com and the most comprehensive directory of German International relations ever published Laenderkontakte.de
- 2008 til today international tourism consultancy (tour operating, incoming/outgoing; destination marketing; international relations, sustainable tourism, regenerating energies)
- 2008 til today creating international consultancy networks
- 2011 til today volunteering integration guide Municipality of Beckum
- 2012 til today adviser international affairs for the World Association of Travel Agencies (WATA)
- 2012 til today member of the advisory board of the International Institute for Peace Through Tourism (IIPT)
- 2012 til today marketing and business development support for the International Council of Tourism Partners (ICTP)
- WorldTourismDirectory.com, 2012 shifted to Tourism Net Trading Ltd., London, United Kingdom
- WorldTourismDirectory.com + Laenderkontakte.de, 2010 shifted to Dynamic Works GmbH, Meinerzhagen, Germany
- WorldTourismDirectory.com + Laenderkontakte.de, 2009 shifted to business-travel.de, Düsseldorf, Germany
- WorldTourismDirectory.com + Laenderkontakte.de, 2006 shifted to Columbus Webservice GbR, Jülich + business-travel.de, Düsseldorf, Germany
- WorldTourismDirectory.com, launched 2005, published with Dynamic Works GmbH, Cologne, Germaly
- Laenderkontakte.de - Directory of German International Relations, launched 2004, published with Dynamic Works GmbH, Cologne, Germany
- Africa Travel & Tourism, 2004 World of Information, Saffron Walden, Essex, United Kingdom, in conjunction with the World Travel & Tourism Council and various African tourism organizations and associations.
- WorldTravelTourism.com, launched August 2002. World of Information, Saffron Walden, Essex, United Kingdom, in conjunction with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), London, United Kingdom and endorsed by several international and regional tourism organizations (to be mentioned with the website).
- World Travel & Tourism - Africa, 2001 World of Information, Saffron Walden, Essex, United Kingdom, in conjunction with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), London, United Kingdom
- TourAdress + World Tourism Directory Online, co-published by TII Community GmbH, available with Travel24.com by June 2001.
- World Tourism Directory (3 volumes), 1999 K.G. Saur Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, Munich, Germany, in association with the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Madrid, Spain and the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), London, United Kingdom
- Adressbuch für Auslandsreisen (paperback, consumer oriented) W. Richter Verlag, Munich, Germany
- Handbuch für deutsch-internationale Beziehungen, (3 volumes), 1997 (Handbook of German-International Relations) K.G. Saur Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, Munich, Germany, in association with the Institute of Foreign Relations, Stuttgart, Germany, and the German overseas TV and broadcasting service Deutsche Welle, Cologne.
- World Tourism Directory (3 volumes), 1996 K.G. Saur Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, Munich, Germany, in association with the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Madrid, Spain
- Handbuch für deutsch-internationale Beziehungen, 1994 (Handbook of German-International Relations) K.G. Saur Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, Munich, Germany, in association with the Institute of Foreign Relations, Stuttgart, Germany
- Worldwide Travel Information Contact Book 1993/1994 Gale Research, Inc., Detroit, USA
- Worldwide Travel Information Contact Book 1991/1992 Gale Research, Inc., Detroit, USA
- Weekly travel news page with the German magazine "Der Kassenarzt" (1989/1990).
- Series "Reiseziele, die nicht jeder kennt" (travel destinations, not known by everyone) with the German travel magazine (consumer) "Reisefieber". (Country reports on Albania, Belize, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Laos, Mongolia, Nauru, Vietnam.)
- 1986/1987 Reports on: Andorra, Nauru, Northern Ireland, Val de Baztan/Basque Country
- Gift books: Ich schenke dir einen Baum, PiPaPro, Pilkowski's Papier Produkte, Laubach-Freienseen, Germany, 1992
A Tree - From Me, Hill of Content Publishing, Melbourne, Australia, 1993
Ti regalo un albero, Campanotto Editore, Udine, Italy, 1995